Why STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is one of the world’s best places to live and study. New Zealand is emerging as one of the topmost preferences among Indian students looking forward to study abroad. The country offers an excellent education system with ample research opportunities, affordable fee structure, an excellent support system and a better cost of living that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Here are some of the top key principle reasons why you should choose New Zealand for your further education.
- World-renowned universities providing world-class education
New Zealand is one of the most attractive foreign education destinations for international students looking for a high quality of education. All eight universities of the country ranked high in QS World ranking and Times higher education ranking providing the best possible opportunity for the students. Qualification authority of the country (NZQA) ensures all the institutions are registered to enroll international students and obey the qualifications standards.
- Less stringent entry requirements
New Zealand has moderate entry requirements so that international students can easily apply for the courses that they offer. The country’s government invests a large amount of money in its higher education sector, both in quality and infrastructure, aiming to attract more students in the increasing globalized scenario. In fact, they allocate the highest percentage of public funding to education in the world.
- Ease of visa acquisition and residency
The country follows a streamlined and point-based visa application process in order to avoid ambiguity and arbitrariness. Immigration New Zealand is working with the Education New Zealand and international education providers to develop an improved partnership model to increase the New Zealand study visa success rate. Further, many universities provide on-campus visa renewal and extension services to international students for a quick, stress-free, and proper application process. They manage, monitor, and follow up on your visa application in a well-timed manner.
- The safe and welcoming environment
New Zealand is one of the safest countries in the world to live with very low crime rates. The country has never seen any major war in its history. While studying here, students can be assured of a welcoming and friendly environment with an extraordinary support system.
- Plenty to see and explore while studying in New Zealand
New Zealand is a beautiful country with a picturesque landscape with unique fauna and flora. You can enjoy the mesmerizing view of rolling green hills, fjords, glaciers, beaches, mountains and so on. New Zealand is a heaven for hikers and trekkers, and natural beauty junkies. Cities are a cosmopolitan mix of cafes, shopping, movies, and nightlife.
- Chance to stay in
After completing your studies in New Zealand; students can apply for a Graduate Job Search Work Visa for a maximum duration of 12 months. After getting the job offer letter you can apply for a visa up to 2 or 3 years under the Study to Work category.
- Numerous Scholarships in New Zealand
The New Zealand Government, universities and private institutions provide numerous scholarships for international students seeking to study in New Zealand.
- High in cost-effectiveness
New Zealand has the lowest tuition among all other countries study abroad. The country’s education is based on the British education system. It is easier for Indian students to blend in the New Zealand education system.
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF NEW ZEALAND
The education system of New Zealand mainly focuses on both educational attainment and practical learning. It is rated as one of the best education systems in the world by London’s Legatum Institute. The country’s education system is based on a 3-tier model which includes primary and intermediate schooling, after that secondary schooling (high schools) and the final one, is the tertiary education at universities and polytechnics. The nation is ranked as the best-funded education system in the world since they have the highest percentage of public funding in the education sector.
Universities in New Zealand provide a variety of courses and programs to the students depending on their area of interest, so that students can undertake flexible courses.
The country offers numerous options for international students.
- Level 1, 2, 3, and 4- Certificates
- Level 5 and 6 Diplomas
- Level 7 Bachelor’s Degree and graduate diploma
- Level 8 Post Graduate Diploma
- Level 9 Masters Degree
- Level 10 Doctorate/PhD
In every academic level, there are numerous options for students, who wish to study aboard in New Zealand.
TOP COURSES TO STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
New Zealand universities are well-known for the following degrees. You can study in New Zealand, in any of the following academic levels:
- Business Studies
- Engineering Forestry
- IT and Computer Science
- Art and design
- Business management
- Health care
- Sports management
The country is world-renowned for its courses like Information Technology, Computer Science, and Animation. The animation is the most popular course in New Zealand!
Generally, a bachelor’s degree takes three years but if you are planning to do an honors course, it will take 4 years of study. However, this rule is not universally applicable to all universities. Hence, it is advisable to check with the university you are planning to apply for foreign study in New Zealand.
- Graduate Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors
Post Graduate Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Post Graduate Certificate
- Masters Degree
The lists of documents required for applying to universities are:
- Class 10 mark sheet, Passing Certificate, Class 12 Mark sheet, Passing Certificate – For UG Courses, Bachelor’s Mark sheets and Degree – For PG and Master Degree Program.
- Supportive documents If working : Appointment letter/work experience letters
- Proof of work experience (for courses like MBA and Masters in IT)
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- GMAT/GRE results (If Applicable)
- IELTS/ PTE Academic scores(If Applicable)
- Letter of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of other extracurricular and co-curricular activities to support your application.
- A valid passport
Documents required are Visa Application:
- An offer letter from a New Zealand education provider for an NZQA approved the course.
- Proof of sufficient funds:
• Money for tuition fee (self/sponsor)
• Financial undertaking by the sponsor to cover living expenses.
• Scholarship letter (if applicable).
• The student must show that they are having NZ$ 15,000 per annum to support their living expenses.
• Evidence for air tickets that you will leave New Zealand after completing studies in New Zealand.
- The complete the medical examination report and chest X-ray for courses having a duration of more than 1 year.
- The international students planning to study in New Zealand for more than 2 years must submit a police certificate.
- Medical insurance is mandatory
- TT receipt /Fee receipt.
Our Partner Colleges
We assist with over 200 + Colleges & Universities around the world, complete your education and study abroad dream.